Monday, June 11, 2007

RUNDOWN - LA FAMILIA EDITION

Hey Everyone!!!
How are things going?
How was your weekend? Mine was alright....I didnt do much really....I went to see Oceans 13 - Brad Pitt + George Clooney = Uber Hot...LOL...Y'all should check it out!
Anyways, I decided to do something a lil' bit different today.
As much as I feel that Africans are underrepresented in the media, there are some African celebrities that get some airtime.
Here are some African celebs at recent events and in recent mags. I decided to throw in a couple of tidbits and family photos too. Sooo ENJOY!

Ethiopian model, Liya Kebede attended the CFDA Awards in New York recently. There she is pictured with designer Michael Kors, model Heidi Klum and actress, Debra Messing.

TIDBIT: Did you know that Liya was a contestant in the 1998 Face of Africa (the year Oluchi won) and she didn't even place in the Top 5.
LA FAMILIA: Liya married Ethiopian hedge fund manager Kassy Kebede in 2000 and they have two children together; son Suhul, born in 2001) and daughter Raee born in August 2005.


Supermodel and Entrepreneur, Iman attended the CFDA Awards with her husband, music legend, David Bowie.

TIDBIT: David and Iman met on a blind date arranged by their mutual hairdresser friend Teddy Antolin at a dinner party in Los Angeles on October 14th 1990.
LA FAMILIA: They have a daughter named Alexandria Zahra Jones, born August 15, 2000 (Iman also has a child - Zulekha from a previous marriage while David also has a son from a previous marriage)



Academy Award nominated actor, Djimon Hounsou attended the CFDA Awards with his new girlfriend, Kimora Lee Simmons. They have been dating for a couple of months. Kimora is separated from her husband, Russell Simmons. She is the brains behind Baby Phat.

LA FAMILIA: Kimora's children, Ming Lee Simmons and Aoki Lee Simmons are said to be fond of Djimon and recently hung out with him and their mum in Cannes.


Ghanaian/German Actor, Boris Kodjoe is on the cover of Ebony Magazine’s 2007 Father’s Day Edition.

LA FAMILIA: Boris is married to Nicole Ari Parker and they have 2 children, a girl named Sophie Tei-Naaki Lee Kodjoe and a boy named Nicolas Neruda Kodjoe. For more Kodjoe family pics, click HERE


Grammy Award-winning Musician Seal and his wife, Model Heidi Klum are still going strong.

LA FAMILIA: Here are their 2 sons, Henry Günther Ademola Dashtu Samuel and Johan Riley Fyodor Taiwo Samuel. Heidi also has a daughter, Leni with Italian Billionaire Playboy, Flavio Briatore. Seal has always played the father role to Leni as he and Heidi began dating while she was pregnant.


Here are first post-baby photos of Oluchi. Oluchi walked the runway at the Luca Luca Resort Fashion Show.
LA FAMILIA: Oluchi gave birth to she and Luca Orlandi's first child on the on 25th of April 2007. Oluchi is quoted to have said "The day I went for my sonogram, I called Luca immediately to tell him it was a boy. I knew he was overjoyed, but he tried to hide it because he was aware that I wanted a daughter” Their son is rumoured to be named Ugochukwu.


That's it for today! Let us know what u think....
Thanks for the voice messages! I will go and leave some today....Good luck to all the Blogville Idols contestants!
Much Luv

40 comments:

Anonymous said...

What can I say? I am first! Oh the thrill!!!

Rinsola said...

So i'm not first, it's okay.....Nywayz proud of the Orlandis', and Oluchi sure looks great.

Chi-Chi said...

Yet another hot blog post, Bella.

Anonymous said...

Jobless ppl................'bout I'm first

Anonymous said...

Yeah...........I luv dis post so much, its all about family. IMAN's daughter is so beautiful (looks like her daddy).

Boris Kodjoe's daughter is a spit image of her mom and the son is a mini replica of Boris.

Heidi's babies are .........(**God, I don't wanna be mean b'cos I love babies**). I'm just gonna say they got lotta hair

Admin UD said...

Oluchi and hubby are gon be naming their son after me..hmmm. dats good. Cos, you know, any Ugo is usually a cute a$$...lawl!

Big ups to them!

Anonymous said...

They all look so cuteeeeee!!!!!!!!!! But I am biased.....I lurve Boris...hehe
Hmm na wa o...Oluchi no waste time o to return to runway...she lloks great sha

Anonymous said...

Forget everyone else..LIYA is queen....I love her, love her, absolutely love her!!!

p.s
I might be reprimanded for this, but did u call Kimora Simmons, the "brain" behind babyphat??

Anonymous said...

na wa o, Djimon don reach another level sha cause we all sabi say that man no fine at all. Nice bodi and all but mba me sef I no fit date am. Na wa for Kimora sef, but the love sweet sha. African man don knack gold!lol

LOL@Ugochukwu, Lucas sef no fit pronounce that name!! haha

Seal's kids, hmmm those faces, sha dem fine pass their papa

AbujaBabe said...

Vote Abuja Babe! for your Blogville Idol!!

Ciao..xxx

Anonymous said...

I'm back AGAIN!!!...oh Seal and Heidi's sons are gorg!!..check the hair out..

Anonymous said...

eleven...that's a damn shame...we really are underrepresented.

Anonymous said...

I don't see no Oluchi's baby pics?

Unknown said...

love kimora, love djimon, they both look hot together!

My 2 cents said...

Love Djimon to death, don't know what he's doing with that hood rat Kimora..Let's see how long this lasts. Have a blessed week and stop by sometime.

Anonymous said...

the kudjoes are just lovelyyyyyyyy

Uzo said...

Lovely couples and cute cute babies..Iman rocks...

Anonymous said...

wow...you are being really good about these updates oh...im impressed! In fact im going to call and hail you right now!
love ya babe

Mo said...

Fabulous

Anonymous said...

obviously Kimora Ho Simmons is with Djimon cos of his dick size - i mean what else. If nobody will not say it I will. It wont last. Trust.

Mimi said...

love boris kodjoe's family and kids.
can they be more beautiful than that?

BlogVille Idol said...

lovely piece ...as usual

Anonymous said...

One of Henry's (Seal's 1st son)middle name is Dash2, named after the aircraft and not Dashtu.
By the way,his kids are cute.

Anonymous said...

@the itk anonymous, his middle name is Dashtu, see the official statement via people magazine http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,1103758,00.html
i dont know where u got your own info from, confirm what u r saying before u start correcting others

Anonymous said...

Wonder how Russell Simmons feels when he sees his wife (they aint divorced but separated)in the arms of another man ...and his daughters are involved too ...hmmm I wonder !!

matt williams said...

I love Lila Kebede.

@Agaracha- Kimora and Russel have an open relationship.

Anonymous said...

oh i love this post... africans are doing it big sha... i cant wait to see genevieve or rita dominic in ok magazine or even myself sha.. then we'll know naija has truly arrived!!! great writeup mami.. i didnt know you got a voice thingie.. i go leave you one later on today or 2morrow.. i berra hear your american fashion voice on my blog asap oh bella.. otherwise i'm going to leave you threatening messages in foreign languages!!!

Ogoja Princess (aka Mama) said...

why is Kimora being referred to as a ho? am i missing something here?

Boris is so yum!

great post Bella... as always!

Mari said...

OMG, Kimora and Djimon? Dating? wow, saw a pic of them hanging but I didn't think they are serious.

Ahhh, first pic of Kimora looking very normal. Why am I so happy that her hair isn't so full and luscious...yea, thats coz her hair looks like mines on a normal day. hehehehe. Am being silly!!!

Am so loving Iman! As well as Liya.

Anonymous said...

Alright Bella, after all those questions you kept asking on when Ladybrille would be up,it's official! Toni Payne busted my identity so I had no choice but to go live. lol! Check on it! www.ladybrile.com, the blog is part of it.

Anonymous said...

@anon 10.13pm. So People Magazine check and re-check All their facts.Right. By the way , the mother,Heidi, was on Leno and she explained THAT name cos it is unusual. He was named Dash2 as a tribute to his older sister,being the second born. In the airforce (war missions) the Dash2 is the second aircraft sent to cover for the first aircraft sent out on a mission . You can give the name to your first born, or better yet name it after me.ITK.:).

I still think their kids are cute.

Missbee said...

am so so loving ya blog!! Keep it up mami.

Anonymous said...

Bella Bella, you are just on fiyah gurrl. So loving this edition. Miss La-luchi is just gorgeous in my opinion. All those babies are just teww cute. As for Kimora and Djimon -good for them! I dont think Russel has a problem as I saw him on Prince street a few weekends ago with a very sweet cute boy--hows he doing? LOL
keep it up!

shhhh said...

great stuff
vote for TLK. blogville idols. have a nice one. rep me sister oooo

Waffarian said...

NAIJA BLOGGERS- THE BOOK!
Dear friends, please do not forget to send in your submissions, a lot of people have sent in great stuff but a lot of my favourite bloggers are missing, what's up, people? Come on, send in your stuff! June 15th is the last day, come on!


Submissions should be sent to nigerianbloggers@yahoo.com not later than Friday, June the 15th 2007 stating date of blogging and blogname/address.

Anonymous said...

Me I pity Djimon! Him sef no fit find correct fine babe 4 dis yankee...na dat baby mama, hood rat, blood sucking, Ugly Kimora boa face na'im he go deh yansh...haba, omo African broda Djimon, u r berra than dat!

Wordsbody said...

Kimora Lee Simmons & Djimon Hounsou? Forgive me, but it's never going to last. Djimon has bitten more than he can chew.

Anonymous said...

YES Kimora Lee and Djimon.. dont discredit d ting before it even begin.. WAIT and see!!. My pet peeve is poeple who think they know celebrities because they read stories in the MEDIA and see pictures and know their baby names.. errrm duh??NONSENNNSE.. WAIT AND SEE!! Kimora is a smart biz woman and shio she needs love too. I wish them all the best! Cant wait to see Oluchis baby pics I am sure the baby is MADDDDD CUTE

Bella Naija said...

I love Kimora! I even need to get her book, fabulosity LOL
Ah ah I dont know why she has this bad reputation, seriously...
Anyways, I wish she and Djimon the best of luck.

Thanks for the comments!

Mr.Fineboy said...

Djimon and Kimora is an interesting one o...but why is he always BEHIND her in pics??? Hmmm....body language experts....nice one again Bella.